Shami Kabab is a delicious treat of subcontinent. It is essential part of the Indian, Punjabi or Pakistani snack. It is often served with tea as well. Today, we will get to learn Avocado Shami Kabab recipe. Avocado makes anything better from veggie packed salads to meat dishes. One more important point about Avocado is it provides 20 essential nutrients including Vitamin E, folic acid, fiber and potassium. Here comes tasty, spicy and delicious Avocado Shami Kababs, a traditional Indian cuisine.
Spicy Avocado Shami Kababs Recipe
- 1 ripped Avocado, mashed
- ½ cup Channa Daal
- 3 Cloves
- 1 Bay Leaf
- Cinnamon piece (of 1 inch)
- 2 Green Cardamoms
- 1 chipotle chili pepper
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp ground coriander powder
- ¼ cup green coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp chickpea or garbanzo bean flour (besan)
- 1 tbsp corn flour
- First of all, place the daal channa, bay leaf, cardamom and cloves in a saucepan with water.
- Boil it than allow it to simmer for about 35-40 minutes or when almost tender. After that, turn off the heat and drain.
- In a food processor, place the channa daal and process until it became fine powder.
- Now it’s Avocado’s turn. Add it and process together until the mixture comes together.
- After removing the mixture to a bowl, add coriander power, chopped chili (chipotle), sauce, corn flour and chickpea flour. Mix it thoroughly. If you found mixture so soft, add more chickpea flour until mixture holds together.
- Now shape the prepared mixture into tinny patties of about ¾ of an inch in diameter
- Spray oil on a cast iron or griddle and heat.
- Place Avocado Shami Kababs on at a time on the griddle. Keep fair distance between kababs.
- Medium high heat is to be used to cook for about a minute on each side or until they turn golden brown.
- Crispy exterior and the creamy smooth avocado taste makes the recipe even more delicious.
Bonus Note: This Avocado Shami Kebabs recipe is high in fiber and a healthy goodness.
Great recipe….will try for sure.