Chopped vegetables and beans salad is one of the summer secrets to get slim quickly. Fruits, vegetables, grains and beans are a quick source of fiber without any hazardous effect on digestive system. A high fiber salad of beans, vegetables or bacon mix has many benefits e.g. it lowers the blood cholesterol level, controls sugar level of blood, & prevents many colon diseases. Chopped salads are easy to eat with the benefit of consuming energy only without any fatty molecules getting settled in your adipose tissues.
Recipe: Chopped Salad with Bacon and Beans
Active Time: 20 Minutes
Serving: 4-5 persons
- 1 cup bell peppers
- 1 cup chopped lettuce
- 1 cup chopped broccoli florets
- 1 cup thin sliced carrot
- ½ cup chopped radish
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- ½ cup rinsed beans of your choice
- ½ teaspoon olive oil
- Boiled Bacon chopped pieces as per taste
- Black pepper as per taste
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- In a large bowl, mix all the chopped vegetables.
- Add beans in the above mix and sprinkle black pepper.
- Add the bacon pieces afterwards.
- Pour the lemon juice in it and toss well. You make sure to remove the lemon seeds from the juice.
- At the end pour half teaspoon of olive oil, toss well again.
A healthy and nutritious chopped salad is ready to serve at table.
Note: You can also try fried beans too.
- Calories per serving 450
- Fat 20g
- Proteins 20g
- Carbohydrates 9g
- Fiber 10g
- Cholesterol 6mg
- Sodium 100g
- Potassium 300g
- Vitamin C (150% daily value)
Tip: Ease of making chopped bacon and beans salad is that you can make it at home or any salad bar in a restaurant. You can add or remove other ingredients of your choice with alternative taste and nutritional requirements. Whatever the combination is its always so much healthy that you won’t be needed to put up extra things at the table. So go ahead and try on it.