You are on a public holiday, looking forward some guests or want to surprise your parents and siblings with homemade meal, here is a quick deal to make. Tangy, juicy and light chili lime chicken recipe is perfect for upcoming weather. I always choose this in my home made menu besides cheesy cheddar chicken menu. It brings the party effect while you can serve it in combo with varying variety of salads, spaghettis or rice. Don’t hesitate to try even if you think you are not a cooking expert, otherwise you are going to miss a matchless taste.
Chili Lime Chicken Recipe
COOKING TIME: 10-12 Minutes
MARINATE TIME: Up to 1 Hour
Chicken breast weighing 1 pound.
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 2 tablespoons olive oil/any other of your choice
- ½ teaspoon powdered cumin
- ½ teaspoon smoked paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon onion powder
- Table salt as per taste
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 4 tablespoons Fresh lemon juice
- Lime zest of one lemon
- Cut the chicken breast piece into thin slices for grilling or into chop small pieces for stove over cooking.
- In a large bowl, mix all the spices, olive oil, 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice well.
- Rub this spice mix all over the chicken pieces.
- Place at room temperature from half an hour to one hour.
- You can place it in refrigerator 6 hours before cooking, once marinated for enough time the chicken is ready to be cooked.
- Take a skillet nonstick pan, pour 1 table spoon of cooking oil and let it heat high.
- Once oil is hot, add the chicken pieces and cook for 3-4 minutes at each side until golden brown or dark.
- In case of grilling, add 1 teaspoon of butter and let it heat.
- Put the marinated chicken thin slices and cook for 5-6 minutes at each side. Notice the coloring.
- Upon getting golden brown, set it in a serving plate. Garnish with the lime zest or you can pour fresh lime juice over the slices.
Delicious chili lime chicken is ready to serve with a sauce.